Monday, June 9, 2008

Update on Noah's organ recipients










Update on Noah’s organ recipients
I received an update today in the mail about Noah's organ recipients. I thought that I'd share the miracle of life with you. It's amazing to me, that my hero saved someone's life. Noah gave the gift of life and I'm so proud of him. I can never measure up to the beautiful person that he is. The ultimate price, one life to save two lives.....WOW! Noah is a HERO!!! I love you baby!

As written in the letter:
Noah's right kidney recipient is doing well. He is home and experiencing a smooth recovery thus far. He is enjoying time with his wife and four children. In fact, I was told that he is expecting another child. He is truly grateful to his donor and the family for this second chance at life.

Noah's left kidney recipient is also doing well. She has been referred back to her primary physician. The last time she was seen at the transplant clinic, her tests and labs showed good kidney function. She too is enjoying time with her family and has returned to work.

It brings me so much comfort to know that Noah did this....life is strange sometimes, and this helps me to remember to see the bigger picture. I'm sure that these people think of Noah everyday, just as do. If you have any thoughts, please share them....and remember, SUPPORT ORGAN DONATION....it saves lives!

Love,
Miranda ~ mommy of a hero ~ NOAH

1 comment:

sherry said...

I am so thrilled everytime I hear about a donor! What a great way to keep little Noah alive. The gift of life because of a kidney is great. My husband was in too bad a condition to donate, diabetes had already distroyed all his organs. If he was not in such a bad condition he might have been saved by someone's kidney that loved life enough that even though one life was passing another might live. You are a hero for doing this even in the midst of the most terrible sorrow and grief. God bless you and may He provide for all your needs more than you could think to ask.