Saturday, April 26, 2008

A Christmas Card for Noah

ORIGINALLY POSTED:
Monday, December 10, 2007
A Christmas Card for Noah

It's right before Christmas, I'm all filled with joy,
Except when I think of you, my baby boy.
The stockings are hung by the tree with cheer,
And in my heart, it's as if you were here.
My oldest child is sleeping, in his bedroom he lies,
But I'm still filled with grief for my baby that died.
You see, this Christmas would have made two,
But every Christmas I know I'll miss you.
As I wrap up the presents my thoughts are on you,
And what I'd have bought if you were here, too.
A car, a ball, a red fire truck?
Or maybe a rabbit's foot to bring you good luck.
The tree is all trimmed with bright colored balls,
And decorations hang on all of the walls.
It looks so pretty - - I wonder if you see
Your first Christmas ornament, I've hung on the tree.
I bought it for you, while you were still here,
Not knowing I'd hang it with eyes full of tears.
Soon it'll be Christmas, I'll try not to be sad;
I'll count all my blessings and try to be glad.

No comments: